Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Foundation Seed

This is Year 2 @ The Farm , so I decided to look around to see what I could find in a survival seed (Aka Heirloom Seed Kit ) , I went out with a couple of reasonable requirements , high variety , reasonable price. While this is not a cheap kit @ 99$ it IS high in variety , including pollinators. I also did not want to focus on a a grain based packaged since I am probably most of my descendants will not find wheat an acceptable food source. With 63 Varieties and 4 separate gardens (Vegetable , Herb , Floral , Herbal) It was pretty extensive. I also liked this because it came with a winter squash extravaganza for sure , have you ever really thought of all the uses of gourds ? I have.

I did however supplement a few uncommon things such as luffa , parsnip , nasturtium etc.
I used a local supplier and RH Shumway (Nasturtiums). I invested a bit in this foundation stock , but If I am top of things I shoudl never have to buy seed again. Hows That for Self sufficiency ?



I was well pleased with the Heirloom Master Gardener Pack from Abceeds.com .




I was well pleased with the
Heirloom Master Gardener Pack from Abceeds.com .

No comments: